Monday, October 15, 2012

This is what happens when I skip a weekend...

Okay - My weekend went very well. Mrs. Adorkification and I had a lot of fun...

But imagine my surprise when I turn on my computer and learn about things that happened over the weekend:

There's casting news about Avengers 2.

First of all - Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel is to appear. This now disproves the rumor that she was to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy. Since she is definitely an Avenger and was never a Guardian, I'm fine with this.

My issue now is who Whedon is looking at to play the part...


...Emily Blunt - who I've never seen in anything...












...and Ruth Wilson - also someone I've not seen in anything...













It's plain to see that Whedon's got a thing for brunettes.

But I think Carol Danvers needs to be played by someone we've already seen, in a role that showed her kicking a little ass...





...Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck

Now - when casting for Iron Man 2 first happened, Yvonne was my pick for Black Widow. When Scarlett Johansson was cast, Yvonne was my pick for Yelena Belova...the blonde Black Widow...

Then I heard about DC trying stuff, and thought she'd make a great Black Canary from the Birds of Prey comics, not the television series...

So - let me try this again.

BOY, WOULDN'T YVONNE STRAHOVSKI MAKE A GREAT CAROL DANVERS IN THE UPCOMING AVENGERS 2?







Ah. Mary Jane, where would Spidey be without you?

Apparently sequel-less, since she's to appear in Amazing Spider-Man 2 and may possibly be played by Shailene Woodley...who I've not seen in anything.


Am I getting too old for this?




No comments:

Post a Comment