Friday, October 19, 2012

What makes conventions fun?

Going back to my earlier post, I thought about the few conventions I've attended and came to a realization...

...conventions are a lot like Disney World.

Hear me out. At theme parks like DW, there's a lot going on on any given day - events, shows, rides, games, things to buy, and the occasional appearance of a character walking down the street. When you go, you get a schedule of what's happening where and you plan your day accordingly.

At cons, there's what...events, shows, promotions, games, things to buy, things to try, and the occasional appearance of a character walking down the aisle. When you go, you get a schedule of what's happening where (unless you plan ahead from info online) and you plan your day accordingly.

 A little something for everyone.

For me, it's shopping for stuff to fill holes in my collection, finding the occasional bargain, meeting some creators, and seeing who'll show up as what and how they made their outfits.

But I also like to see what new stuff is coming out, new creators, making new friends, and just spending a weekend hanging around with my...what are they called now?..."peeps".

So...I'm very much looking forward to the biggest event to reach nearest to me...
Mrs. Adorkification and I went to the rave last year...and found we're too old for raves. But there seems to be something gong on at Coast City Comics - right across the street from the rave. This means I'll most likely be dancing to the music while at the store...much to the embarrassment of Mrs. Adorkification.



No comments:

Post a Comment