Sunday, October 28, 2012

James Bond...and Walmart?

So, James Bond has a new movie coming out, so they re-released the Blu-rays.

I am looking to upgrade my Octopussy DVD to Blu-ray, and Walmart's offering a single-disc copy for under $10.00...
...but for some reason, this feels a little off to me.

Why would Walmart have exclusive releases of each of the Bond films on Blu-ray?

Shouldn't they be available to all retailers?

I just don't want to pay the $10 and take it home only to find out that "new and improved" Blu-ray releases are coming out next month.

As for the Bond box-sets, and Blu-ray box sets in general, I don't like them.

They usually throw in films no one wants Crystal Skull , or use include versions no one wants Return of the Jedi .

The one exception to this is the Lord of the Rings sets.

We bought the extended DVD set and love it. As I make the rounds in the stores, I see they're including everything in the Blu-ray version...which is awesome...but at close to $100, we'll have to wait until the price goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment