Friday, October 12, 2012

WTF? Fridays...10/12.2012

I finally saw the 2011 Conan the Barbarian on Netflix this week. I liked it, but I couldn't keep Arnie out of my head.

Speaking of the cast, I kept seeing Kevin Smith as Conan...not Mallrats Kevin Smith, Xena Warrior Princess Kevin Smith...may he rest in peace.

As for the female lead, I kept seeing Jessica Biel.

The main villain was played by the guy I remember from The Hard Way...starring Michael J. Fox and James Woods.

And the actress playing the female villain kept bugging me. I was like "I know her...I know her..." Yeah, that was Rose McGowan. Props to the make-up people who made her beautiful, yet unrecognizable.

I loved the first 20 or so minutes, when you see Young Conan. Honestly, that in itself would have been a fantastic film.







Nope, haven't seen the pilot yet, but I've heard enough about it to give it a try when it comes to Hulu.








Mrs. Adorkification and I have been watching Burn Notice, and it's pretty good.

She has a thing for Bruce Campbell...

...anyway, it's a good show.

Here's the thing though - look at that picture and tell me that that guy, Jeffrey Donovan, wouldn't make a killer Cyclops/Scott Summers.

I dare ya.







Speaking of casting...

My wife and I are also hooked on White Collar.

I have a thing for Tiffani Thiessen...

...anyway, I mentioned to Mrs. Adorkification that I had read somewhere that someone thought this guy, Matt Bomer, would make a great Gambit.

I didn't see it, but my wife could...

...until I told her he was too short.

Yeah, IMDB says he's 6', but I don't believe it.






AND THE WINNER OF THIS WEEK'S WTFN? AWARD GOES TO...

 ...Me and Mrs. Adrokification.

This weekend marks our seventeenth wedding anniversary (even though we've been together 23 years) and with no "official" theme for this year we've gone with Dance.

We've been taking some lessons, and plan on heading to a nearby dance hall to practice our moves.

As such, I'll be taking the weekend off...

I may not even watch the Pats play Sunday...

But I'll be back Monday morning to discuss whatever dork-ish things I deem discussable.

Have a good weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment