Tuesday, October 9, 2012

About Blue Decks...

I have what I call "addictive tendencies" when it comes to collections.

What this means is I lean towards getting all of something I have an interest in, like comics, movies...
...and collectible trading card games.

What keeps me from spending my entire allowance on every single card ever printed is focusing my...well, focus...on specific types of cards.

With Red cards...it's Goblins. I look for Goblin-themed cards, and decide if they're worth using. It keeps me from going over the deep end, and challenges me to strategize.

With Blue cards, my first challenge is this - picking a specific type of character card to base my deck around.

There seems to be three general types...
...Birds and other flying creatures...
...Merfolk and other sea-based creatures...
...Human Wizards.

I think having a deck of Human wizards is just plain boring, while a flying-based deck - although challenging - limits playability.

So I chose Merfolk.

Problem is, I don't have nearly enough to make a whole deck, so I'll have to do the best with what I've got.

And isn't that the point of the game?

No comments:

Post a Comment