Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sony is closing it's digital comics shop...

This is sad news.

While I consider digital comics a generational thing (it's what the "kids" prefer nowadays, but isn't for me), I support any technology that gets people into reading comics.

News like this, to me, is the equivalent of learning that Mile High Comics - a legendary comic shop in Colorado that has been around more than 40 years - has burned to the ground.

What surprises me most about this news isn't that a comic retailer is closing it's doors, it's that customers will no longer be able to read what they've already bought unless they back-up their purchases.

That sucks.

But I have to say: if I was into building my comic collection digitally for any number of years, I would have downloaded my comics onto thumb-drives from the beginning.

Assuming that's even possible to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment