Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Freaks and Geeks

Mrs. Adorkification and Adorkette have been watching this show recently on Netflix.

They sat me down to watch the pilot, and some of it was funny, but honestly this series hits a little too close to home for me...as I landed squarely on the "Geek" side of the fence.

By the time I was a junior, I embraced who I was and broke my social wall. This allowed me to, you know, have dates at dances and stuff.

But I never lost my inner geek - collecting comics, watching sci-fi and the like - which I guess is what shifted my status from Geek to Dork.

And here I am today.

I was amazed at how many current stars appeared here. I thought James Franco's first role was in the James Dean TV-movie called...James Dean.

Anyway, my favorite part of the pilot came at the end at the dance. Styx's song "Come Sail Away" played, and every time I hear that song, I think of this...

So of course I made Adorkette hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment