Tuesday, May 5, 2015

First Impressions - Flash: "Who is Harrison Wells?"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...

Episode 19: "Who is Harrison Wells?"
The Good:
 These two guys.
I keep myself in the dark as much as possible when it comes to all these shows (and movies), so at first - when they mention visiting Starling City - I expected Cisco and West to show up on next week's Arrow
 It's not that big a stretch...
So I was surprised to see these two together.
I was like "oh yeah, they're both cops.", and "that's right, they both have daughters.", which made them a great buddy cop team. 
And DAYLIGHT! 
I forgot the Sun even rose over Starling City. Looked like a whole 'nother place altogether.

 These two.
Cisco is the everyman in this episode. 
Okay, the everyman in every episode.
Hang on a sec, let me make my point...
He's awesome, and if I were him, I would have acted - and reacted - the exact same way. Right down to that pic. The one that would get him "killed" if anyone saw it. That was hi-larious.

The Canary Cry...but more on that in a bit.

Caitlin.
I'm glad they had her be the last to believe Wells wasn't Wells, and explain why: he was there for her when she lost Ronnie. I'm also glad she acknowledged the truth when shown the facts.

Hannibal Bates.
That was a cool villain, with a cool power shown with cool effects. Don't know Everyman though, but I'm sure he's a thing.

The Bad:
AGAIN with the Iris!
What are they thinking? I can't blame Candice Patton. She's doing the best she can with what she's given. But the writers? Ray Utarnachitt and Cortney Norris? The Hell? I thought Barry's speech last week (maybe two) about how Eddie doesn't want to bring his work home with him made perfect sense and Iris, the daughter of a cop, should have understood that. But no. She's all bent about Eddie keeping secrets until he tells her at the end of the episode no less, that he's been working with the Flash. 
Gotta give him credit though, he didn't reveal Barry's secret.
Which - by the way - is what both Barry and Joe are constantly reminding him not to do. Fine. But seeing as how this loophole keeps everybody happy, including himself, why didn't he come up with it last week?

The WTF?: 
Well, yeah - the Eddie thing.

I can't think at super speed, and am not a seasoned cop, but I knew that wasn't Bates' grandmother.
And while I'm here - Hannibal? Bates? Come on, not even DC's that dumb...right? Right?
oh. i guess they are. 
DAMN YOU GRANT MORRISON!!!

Back to the Canary Cry...The suitcase? The tech required? The tools required? How? 
Did Cisco have all that jammed under his coat? I mean if Wells went to Starling City with them, at least he'd be driving a van full of tech. And this goes back to the episode where Cisco was forced to not only repair Snart's gun but also make one for Snart's sister. I...just...where's that button?
Yeah, man. Damn.
I'm not saying the Canary Cry's a bad idea, or it's a bad name or that I'm against Cisco making/upgrading it. I'm just saying: How? The Hell?

These guys finding Wells' lair.
I get that Barry needed to learn about his "future", and that the three of them needed to find out what was in the secret room, but wouldn't Ichabod Thawne have put a fingerprint scanner on the wall sensor that opens the door? I mean not everyone would walk down that hallway with their hand on the wall just so, but odds are someone would have walked down that hallway at some point with their hand just so. 
Ooops.

Adorkification Moment:
DUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment