Sunday, May 3, 2015

First Impressions - Daredevil: "Condemned"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...

Episode 6: "Condemned"
The Good:
"I don't really go to the movies much."


Just because you're cuffed, doesn't mean you're out.

Claire meets Karen and Foggy...sort of...

Vladimir.
Honestly? I was expecting him to get shot in the head. Every time he's about to say the name. I was waiting for it. Of course, I was also expecting him to say Wesley's name, but whatever. 

Wait...what was that?
...
That was PERFECT!

The Bad: Just a sec...
Yeah...no. Couldn't find anything.

The WTF?:
Where's Vanessa?
It's not that big a deal, but seriously - did Fisk send her home? Did Fisk get lucky? For all we know, Vanessa may not have her own place anymore She could be looking at (what's left of) her place from there.

The Yakuza.
I must have missed something somewhere. I get Urich's board, and his methodology in piecing a story together, but how does Ben know about the Yakuza? I don't remember hearing anything about the Yakuza ever mentioned up to this point. The Chinese woman is into human trafficking, Leland moves the money around (in addition to being the Deadpool of the group), Wesley is Fisk's rep, but the Japanese guy? Was his connection to the Yakuza made clear? 
Speaking of Ben's board...
That's just brilliant.
Adorkification Moment:
"Yippee ki-yay, muthaf**ka'!"

No comments:

Post a Comment