Wednesday, May 27, 2015

First Impressions - Daredevil: "Shadows in the Glass"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...

Episode 8: "Shadows in the Glass"
The Good:
"Guy's like a bat!" - Nice one Foggy!

"I don't know...I'm making it up as I go." 
Any reference to Indiana Jones is a plus. 
And yes, I'm including Crystal Skull.

I'm really liking the Vanessa/Wilson relationship.

Dude! You're gonna need another Dell!

Ben meets The Man In Black!

The Bad:
Wilson's father - Bill.
I get it, I know why he was used for Wilson's backstory, but I don't remember Bill ever being mentioned in the books. Now - that may be old-school, and he's been brought in since I stopped reading, but I don't know this guy. I like him, and I like how he was used, but I don't know him.
Plus - the actor looks familiar, but I can't place him.

Speaking of unknowns...
...Nobu. The name sounds familiar, but I can't place him either.

The WTF?:
So, he can speak both Chinese and Japanese eh?

Waitaminute...he cooks his own breakfast?
He can cook?

Adorkification Moment:
Gladiator!

Billy Club!

I really love Vanessa helping Wilson dress at the end of the episode.
Not only does she lighten up his look, but she also picks different cuff-links. Special ones. With 'L's on them.
Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment