Thursday, May 14, 2015

First Impressions - Daredevil: "Stick"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...

Episode 7: "Stick"
The Good:
Matt using billy-clubs (or at least an early version of the billy-clubs)!
This probably isn't the first time he used them, but it's the first time I noticed him using them.

Stick = BADASS!!!
And he kept the bracelet? Ol' softy.

Nice swing Foggy! Speaking of...
...I'm liking this relationship.
I really don't think it's gonna go anywhere near the "next-level", but this friendship-building exercise will really come in handy when they both learn Matt's secret.

This relationship is cool too.
This never happened in the books (at least not when I was reading). Ben and Karen were on opposite ends of Matt's spectrum. Ben used his skills at the Bugle to help bring down corruption, and Karen helped Matt from getting dragged down with them. Seeing these two together here makes me wish it happened there. 

I'm also convinced that Karen will never believe the "man in black" is bad.

Matt's mother being another story. I don't think they're going to go this far into Matt's history this season,
but in Season 4?

The Bad:
We're seven episodes in at this point. Where's the Universe?
I'm talking about the Marvel Universe.
Where's Coulson? Or even S.H.I.EL.D. at this point?
Wouldn't someone somewhere have noticed buildings bursting into flames...at the same time...in New York City? I'm not saying Coulson should have dropped Theta Protocol and jetted over ASAP, but it should have put a blip on someone's radar.
Like HYDRA's?
Or Ward's?
Bobbi's at least?
I'm fine with this show taking place before Avengers: Age of Ultron, I'm just not feeling the "connection".

The WTF?:
The "cargo". I had a feeling it was a person...just wasn't expecting a kid. 
\
Could that by Kirigi?


I suuure hope that's Daredevil on Ben's board, and not someone else...
 
...nah. That'd be too awesome for words.

Adorkification Moment:
And who is Stick talking to at the end of the episode?
STONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment