Thursday, November 20, 2014

First Impressions - AoS: 'The Things We Bury'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...

Season 2 Episode 8: 'The Things We Bury'
This episode is, hands down, the best of the series. It made me think of Man of Steel a little bit. Hear me out...
Where Man of Steel just set up JLAAoS Season One felt like I was sitting in a class while people were explaining the map I was given...without ever letting me get out of my seat to use the map to get to the place and see the things. Winter Soldier helped redeem Season One, but S2's finally taking us on that journey.
Moving on...

The Good:
Coulson being Coulson!
* I thought the woman from Dollhouse would be Skye's grandmother. My mistake.
* Skye's father looking right at Whitehall when he said what he said...and then learning why.
* Skye's father in general. Kyle MacLachlan's wonderful.
* Bobbi doing the interrogating and twirly thing with the batons. Every time I see her, I want her to meet Clint in A2.
* Could Whitehall have discovered/created the Infinity Formula?
* Blue angels from the sky. My thought was Inhumans, but I guess they were Kree. It was the "angels" that threw me.
* Did you catch the fact that Ward killed his brother and their parents?

The Bad: I realize Coulson's trying to be more like Fury, but he should stop. You can't do what was once someone else's job their way. You have to make it your own. While Phil may get that on some level, it hasn't sunk in yet. Hopefully it will by season's end.
* MK-Ultra sounds familiar...just can't place it.

The WTF?: At first, when Senator Ward was on the phone with his "other", did anyone else think he was talking to a man?

Adorkification Moment: Since Iron Fist is happening on Netflix, is it possible the city they're looking for (and actually find) is K'un-Lun?

No comments:

Post a Comment