Monday, November 3, 2014

First Impressions - Constantine: 'The Darkness Beneath'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 2 : 'The Darkness Beneath'
The Good:
Zed. Part of me was disappointed she wasn't Madame Xanadu, but I'll allow it.
* This show's giving off an X-Files vibe. I like it.
* The "vision through the water running over his eyes" effect was creepy as hell, but in a good way.
* I get why NBC won't have Constantine smoke, but seeing him put an unlit cig in his mouth? Awesomeness!

The Bad: Not knowing anything about Zed from the comics.

The WTF?: It looked at one point in the show that the businessman's son was behind it all...what with the dramatic intro if the character. That wasn't the case, so why the dramatic intro?

Adorkification Moment: I didn't see one...mostly because I don't know the comic. I will say that the scene where Constantine is watching the funeral procession reminded me of Live and Let Die - the scene where one of England's finest is shot down from the gunman hidden in the coffin.
* Another unplanned moment had to do with the coal mining town. I always think of Sam "Cannonball" Guthrie, and the final Quantum Leap episode.  

No comments:

Post a Comment