Saturday, November 29, 2014

First Impressions - Flash: 'Power Ourage'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 7: 'Power Outage'
The Good: Did I catch a Nighthawk and Cinnamon reference on a movie poster? Why yes. Yes I did.
* Crisis on Infinite Earths is happening. I saw the "Red Skies" headline.
* Felicity mention!
* I also liked the villain vs. villain thing (Girder's not dead, by the way.), and Tony telling Barry to "run".

The Bad: I don't know the villain from DC's comics. But I do remember a similar villain from Fantastic Four -
 Fasaud.
I know they're not even remotely the same character and I'm not accusing DC of anything. For all I know, this Power Outage guy is from the books. I'm just saying this is where my brain went.
Crisis on Infinite Earths is happening. I saw the "Red Skies" headline.

The WTF?: Okay Dr. Wells - explain to me how super speed can cure paralysis and other things? Muscles can't move at super speed if they don't move at all, right?
What...
...oh, Barry's super fast metabolism?
Okay. Fine. I'll give you that.

Adorkification Moment:
1)
William Tockman
I remember Robert Knepper from ST: TNG and - of all things - D. O. A., but he was great here...and Arrow of course.
2) 
Ralph Dibny!
According to Wells, Dibny's a known victim of the explosion but I call bulls**t on that. To do Dibny right, you need gingold. Maybe Dibny was creating the gingold when the explosion happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment