Sunday, November 9, 2014

First Impressions - Constantine: 'The Devil's Vinyl'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 3: 'The Devil's Vinyl'
The Good: I honestly don't remember the intro from last week's episode. This week's intro, with the spirits and the music, was very cool.
* I also like that Constantine feels for his mates. They get a bad hand...most likely because of him...yet he wishes them peace in their rest. In this case, Bernie listens to something he really, really shouldn't have, so John's not directly responsible. But the connection between them is made.
* Mucous Membrane? I'd listen to a track...

The Bad: Zed's powers are "tactile-based" right? Well she's touching a lot more stuff than she's reacting to. The argument can be made that she's only affected by powerful objects, but that left-handed candle looked pretty powerful to me. And didn't she hold the record too?

The WTF?: Let's see:
Living quarters that are bigger on the inside...
Mystical card that can be anything the viewer wants it to be...
Trenchcoat and tie...
I'm not even going to get into the whole British thing.

Adorkification Moment: Papa Midnite? Nope. Don't know him. But I acknowledge his existence in comics. 
He does kinda remind me of Brother Talon though...

No comments:

Post a Comment