Sunday, November 2, 2014

First Impressions - Flash: 'Going Rogue'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 4: 'Going Rogue'
The Good: This is, hands down, my favorite episode so far. Here's why:
*
I know very little about Captain Cold. In fact, I always saw him and Mr. Freeze as basically the same character. Not anymore. I like this guy. A lot. As for Wentworth Miller, I never saw Prison Break, but I expect him to enjoy comic conventions for the rest of his life. He was awesome.
* I also don't know who made Snart's gun in the books, but having Cisco make it here (and why) was genius.
Felicity Smoak.
Don't know her from the books, and part of me is still waiting for her to become Dove, but she was a great connection between the shows.
* Trivia night for $75 worth of caffeine? I'm game!

The Bad: Iris being with anyone other than Barry. I like that they were raised together and share a deep friendship, but this CW angsty crap is for the birds. Especially when Iris and Barry are one of the few couples in comics to last 50+ years.

The WTF?: I get that Barry's fast enough to catch Felicity's train, but how could he get in and out of it? Are the doors supposed to open to the public while going that fast? If Barry can now pass through solid objects, there should have been a more obvious show of it.

Adorkification Moment: 52. I haven't been keeping track, but maybe I should start...

No comments:

Post a Comment