Tuesday, November 25, 2014

First Impressions - Constantine: 'Danse Vaudou'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 4: 'Danse Vaudou'
The Good:
Jim Corrigan!
I thought Corrigan was from New York, not Louisiana, but it works.
Papa Midnite!
They made a great team. More please!
* I also like that Midnite's sister communicates to him from beyond. Disturbing and sad, but cool. While Corrigan/Spectre is my favorite character from the books, Midnite's fast becoming my favorite on the show. More so that John.
* Am I the only one who thought of Gaiman's Sandman during the first Philip hitchhiking scene?

The Bad: I was expecting Swamp Thing to be connected to the tree. I was disappointed.
* Not a fan of Corrigan's beard.

The WTF?: I think this is the second time John's been in New Orleans, but I'll give that a pass.

Adorkification Moment: Zed seeing Corrigan all green and dead-ish. I was looking for the hood, but I didn't see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment