Sunday, September 30, 2012

Whattyamean Goblins can fly...


Adorkette had her first school dance, and I was...fortunate...enough to act as chauffeur for both her and her friend to the dance and back.

Looking at an hour and a half to kill while the dance went on, I got myself a coffee and went to the local Magic shop (which reminded me that I completely forgot about the new Return to Ravnica set being released...need to save up for it, but The Avengers comes first).

$1.40 later, I came away with some Werewolf and Zombie cards for future multicolored decks, some more Merfolk and Pirates for my soon-to-be-completed Blue Deck, foreign Land cards (by which I mean Land cards written in foreign languages. I'm a sucker for those, and will always buy them when I can), and this little beauty -

Goblin Sky Raider...This, friends, is beauty personified.

A Goblin, that flies! No mana required to activate the ability. No enchantments necessary. No sacrificing, flinging, or handing over to flying creatures to be dropped on targets.

My Goblin horde was sorely lacking in air support, and a few more of these would really come in handy. So I guess I'll keep my eyes out for more of these, and any other Goblin gems that come my way, because...


No comments:

Post a Comment