Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Let's talk about S.H.I.E.L.D. for a minute...


A while ago, I mentioned that comic book-themed television could work...in the right format.

Recently it was revealed that Marvel and ABC were putting something together.

Let's take a closer look at this:

1) There's nothing to indicate that this will be anything other than a straight up Prime-Time series. That means it will be preempted from time to time as things come up, the budget will fluctuate, there will be summer hiatuses and the inevitable May Sweeps episode of either Coulson's return or Fury showing up.

2) Since Joss (who has yet to bring back Wash) and Sam Jackson (who has constantly turned down television roles) are involved - there's very little chance of Coulson's return or Fury showing up.

3) While it would be a great opportunity to introduce new characters to the MMU...

4) ...the "new character of the week" format would grow old very quickly.

So I really don't know how this would work. I hope it does.

But I'd rather it not happen at all than to have it happen badly.

1 comment:

  1. I think that people are too excited for this. It's gona be terrible in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete