Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Let's discuss the newest (to me) Marvel Studios rumor


There's talk of Dr. Strange appearing in Thor 2.

I don't know if I like this, because the Dr. Strange I read in the comics had little to do with Thor. There wasn't any connection between the characters.

Granted, there wasn't any big connection between Thor and Hawkeye either...except they're both members of the Avengers and were in the Beyonder's Secret War.

I'll give Marvel Studios the benefit of the doubt here, because both Thor and Dr. Strange were part of the Infinity War, and it looks like that's a direction Marvel Studios is taking.

The other bit of gossip is that it seems Dr. Stephen Strange will no longer be a medical doctor, but another scientist.

I didn't think changing Jane Foster from a nurse to an scientist was a big deal. It made sense to update the character while still having a significant role in the film.

The big problem I have with this is that the good Doctor was a cocky neurosurgeon who was in a car accident that affected his ability to do is job - which is why he went in search for the Ancient one in the first place...to heal his hands and go back to who he was.

Making Strange a scientist affects his origin. What could happen to him that would make him travel across the globe in search for an ancient healer? A fatal accident involving a wife and/or family? Maybe, but he never married in the comics, and adding a family to his past changes the character completely in my eyes.

So we'll see. Again, this is only a rumor (and to be honest, I could use more facts and less talk) and even if true, things are still "in development".

But as always...

In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment