Monday, September 17, 2012

Chris Evans talks candidly about Captain America 2


Chris Evans was at the Toronto Film Festival recently and was asked about Cap 2 and 3was unexpectedly candid about how he's feeling about the upcoming sequel...
"I'm dreading it, this is what I keep thinking. We start Captain America 2: Winter Soldier in March so come January I have to…get back in that routine. And then I start thinking about all the future movies and I think to myself, "how am I going to keep getting big?" It's such a chore. I hate to admit it but it's such a chore. It's months and months of lifting heavy, heavy stuff. Not looking forward to it. But you know what, it's worth it because I am happy with the movies and I do love the character. What am I saying though, these are good problems to have."

So he's not happy about getting back into shape...which by the way is the same issue Thomas Jane had when faced with The Punisher sequel - and we got Punisher War Journal...but he's happy with the success his role has given him.

I'm okay with this, because let's face it, every actor we've ever seen in every movie...is a human being. They have their good days and bad days just like the rest of us. I wouldn't look forward to the diet/weight regimen Chris is going to have, but like him I would do it anyway if it meant playing such an iconic character that's been accepted by the fans.

It sucks, but it's a good type of suckage.

So to Mr. Evans, Mr. Downey, Mr. Hemsworth, Ms. Johansson, and all the other...people...who have and are gearing themselves up for another round of Marvel Studios films let me say this:

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment