Wednesday, September 5, 2012

So, about the intended Justice League Movie...

There's been talk about DC going with a team film first, and then branching out into separate films for each character afterwards.

I think it's a great idea, but the problem I've always had with the JL (or JLA...or JLI..) is that the team felt forced.

I have no powers or abilities, but I just wanted to fight beside Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green lantern, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, (et al) are really cool characters...but I just have a hard time seeing them work together, and would feel ever the outsider - being the last one picked for their team.

In fact, the one story where I felt that the least was Grant Morrison's first four-part story in the JLA series...


They actually felt like a team...which was new for me.

If DC decides to go this way with their films...and if they had a lick of common sense...this is the story they should adapt. It highlights each character while leaving enough in the dark to explore in further movies. Plus, it sets up the existence of J'onn J'onzz, and the Martians threat in general...which causes the heroes to gather together in the first place.

If you haven't read it...do so. It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment