Monday, September 17, 2012

New England 18, Arizona 20

I'm not sure how I feel right now.

I'm upset that they lost, but in truth they deserved to lose.

The defense stepped up. And I've been a fan of the defense ever since I heard of a guy named Tedy Bruschi.

"But Arizona put up 20 points."

Yeah they did, but they could have put up much, much more.

It'd be easy to point fingers at Tom Brady...who didn't throw the ball well...and Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski...who dropped the ball very well...but the offence as a whole dropped the ball.

There was less pass protection and not enough receivers getting open.

"But the Pats put 18 points on the board."

Yeah they did, and 12 of them came from kicker Steve Gostowski. And before we call him out for missing the game-winning kick let's remember...the offense needed a field goal to win.

Super Bowls have been won and lost to field goals...but that's the Super Bowl.

This is game two of the season, game one at home.

Troy Brown was inducted into the Patriots Hall of Fame...during Halftime...of this game.

If I didn't know better, this was the exact same roster that lost both of their last two Super Bowl appearances.

All in all, a bad performance.

But I will say that once the offense plays half as good as the defense did...or once the defense gets enough experience under their belts to turn opportunities into points...the Pats will be back to form.

Game 3 is in Baltimore, and of course I have to work, but I'll be listening as they gain momentum and (hopefully) get all their bugs out in time to make the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment