Thursday, May 1, 2014

First Impressions - AoS : 'The Only Light in the Darkness'


This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...

Episode 19: 'The Only Light in the Darkness'

The Good:
1) A new character enters the MMU...Blackout
whom I remember waaay back when,
in Dazzler #32...
2) So the Cellist isn't Wanda. I'm okay with that...
3) Agent Koenig interrogates the team...
4) Ward working his way around the interrogation. That was well done...
5) Skye finding out Ward is a HYDRA agent was cool...
6) May leaving the base to walk the wild Canadian Wilderness...
The Bad:
1) ...only to have him explode. Really? Explode? That's not a good way to keep villains around.
2) ...but the "Coulson can't let her know he's still alive" thing. That I had a problem with. I understand the why, but I still didn't like it.
3) ...just not well enough to see the rat bastard for what he is.
4) ...so why wasn't he smart enough to hide the body better?
5) ...Skye sloooooly accepting the fact that Ward's a HYDRA agent? Not cool.
6) ...to be picked up by her mother?
The WTF?: Again with the Canadian Wilderness. That was a perfect opportunity for May to be picked up by someone...I dunno...working in the Canadian Government? It didn't have to even be a Canadian Government worker,
just the spouse of a Canadian Government worker.
DOUBLE Damn it!
Adorkification Moment: Maria Hill.  About damn time!

No comments:

Post a Comment