Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Some television opinions...

AoS's season-ender airs tonight. All I know is Fury will make a cameo.
Please for the love of GOD will someone let Coulson lose his s#!t and kick some HYDRA ass!
Speaking of HYDRA...
Agent Carter is coming to ABC!
Looks like it will be airing in late-2014/early-2015.
Umm...does anyone else have a problem watching a show about the creation of an organization
we already know to be thoroughly corrupt?
It also seemed to me that in Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Agent Carter knew S.H.I.E.L.D. was infested.
Could it be that HYDRA agents killed her husband to keep her quiet?
Over on the DC side of things...
 Arrow's season-ender (if I'm not mistaken) is airing tomorrow.
I've been watching this season, and it's been pretty good...
...but how can one guy stop an army of Deathstrokes from burning Starling City to the ground?
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sara is killed off, leaving Laurel to take on the Canary mantle.
And finally - 
Mrs. Adorkification started watching the show and is hooked.
I've caught a couple of episodes, and I will say this...
the show is beautiful!
The artwork/animation is amazing.
One thing DC has always done well is it's animated material, and I  love it. All of it.
But here's my problem:
they never stick to one universe.
Marvel's animation has had that problem too,
starting with The Avengers: EMH,
and moving on to Avengers Assemble.
But DC's stuff has never been consistent. 
Their longest stretch was from Batman: TAS to Justice League Unlimited.
Which was great...
...but was there no way to connect Teen Titans to Young Justice? At all?
So watching YJ it was cool to see how they interpreted characters to this new universe,
but in the back of my mind all I was thinking about was:
how will they change things for the next series?
 Which takes me out of the experience.
Stupid DC... 

No comments:

Post a Comment