Saturday, August 4, 2012

OH MY F**KING GOD!!!

What's this...What's This...WHAT'S THIS?
=
?

I know I'm in the minority when I say that as much as I love David Tennant's Eleventh Doctor, Ten was my favorite.

Then he went and did Heroes (which wasn't bad...) and G.I.Joe (which kinda was...).

Now there's talk of him becoming Malekith The Accursed in Thor 2.

I don't know much about the Dark Elf, and as of right now Eccleston is still in the "talking" phase of getting the role, but one thing's for sure - we have a villain. None of this yes/no/maybe Mandarin nonsense...

I'll have to do some digging, but word is Male's weapon of choice is the Casket of Winters, which in the books was used to freeze Earth/Midgard.

The interesting thing here is that said Casket was seen in Thor (used by Loki to freeze Heimdall and lock the Bifrost open to destroy Jotunheim).

My thoughts? Malekith will steal the Casket back and set Thor's beloved world into another ice age.

This may bleed into the next film or two, because in the books the Casket's effects were seen throughout Marvel's titles - remember The Incredible Hulk #340? The classic battle between Wolverine and Hulk written by Peter David and drawn by Todd McFarlane? It takes place near in Texas...during a snowstorm. That storm was caused by Malekith in Thor.

Now...Thor comes out after IM3, but before Cap2, GotG, Ant-Man (yessssss) and A2. I think the winter event will spread out over the remaining three movies and be the focus of Avengers 2. This will keep Thanos away until A3, yet be a big enough event to require more Avengers to assemble.

HOW AWESOME IS THIS???

In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment