Monday, August 27, 2012

Spells...Part 2


Let's start with a basic that every deck of any type should have a variation of...Giant Strength.

It gives a creature of your choice +2/+2. Great for Wall of Stone, great for Spikeshot Goblin, pretty much great all around.

Goblin War Paint does the same as Giant Strength but adds Haste...without adding to the casting cost. Granted, the second mana could be any color instead of GS's mandatory red, but in my case it doesn't matter.

Incinerate, like Lightning Bolt, does 3 damage to whatever I want. It costs one mana more, but I'll pay it for the Regeneration prevention. Plus, it keeps a Mountain from burning me.

I use Havoc whenever I play against my daughter. She uses a Black/White combo deck and changes it all the time. A lot of her stuff gives her life, and this is the one card I have (right now) that hurts her whenever she casts a successful White spell. Which reminds me - I have to look for more cards that do similar damage.

And then there's Fling...

Just look at this card. Don't read the text, just examine the art. Let it sink in. How funny is that?

This instant card allows you to essentially pick up and throw a creature you have in play...any creature...and it deals the current power of said creature to any target.

So let's say Wall of Stone is on the battlefield, along with eleven Mountains, Goblin Balloon Brigade and Goblin Digging Team, and I've got Fling, Giant Strength, Firebreathing, and Goblin War Paint in my hand.

Not that it's ever happened or anything...

I could put GS and GWP on the Balloon Brigade and Digging Team, but I'm in the mood for something fun and stupid.

If I put both on Wall of Stone, it becomes 4/12. I have 7 Mountains left at this point. I cast Firebreathing on WoS and add 4 Mountains to it, so WoS is now 8/12. With Fling, I use up all my mana (to avoid burn) and chuck my wall at my opponent for 8 points of damage.

That's f**king hysterical!

2 comments: