Thursday, August 16, 2012

Speaking of Land cards...


There are some non-basic Land cards I have in my Red deck that I wanted to mention, the first of which is Great Furnace...



It's an Artifact Land, which is significant because while a mama source when tapped, it's an artifact when it isn't tapped - so it doesn't ding you for one point of life...like unused land cards do.

The others are Dwarven Ruins and Smoldering Crater...



Both of these come into play tapped, so again they don't ding you for not using them (for one turn anyway).

Smoldering Crater has Cycling, which I find utterly ridiculous and never use.

Dwarven Ruins is cool because I can sacrifice it for two Mountains. The only question I have about this card is the specifics of the two said mana. I always thought that the two extra mana last only one turn, but we've agreed to play these cards to mean that when I sacrifice D.R., I fish two Mountains out of my library, bring them into play, then shuffle my library...which I only do so if I have something up my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment