Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Someone I Plan on Meeting After I Die...


...The great Joe Kubert.

This man drew....and I mean drew...comics.

I knew his art from the few Sgt. Rock books I've read, and his rendition of Hawkman is unparalleled.

He brought realism to the medium and made you feel the art, but he didn't stop there...

...he started a school for young artists to learn their craft.

I admit, I thought about being a comic book artist when I was a kid, but that was before I knew how hard artists work and the training involved to be really good at it (suck it Liefeld). I was out of my league.

There are a lot of artists I would love to learn from - Kirby, Ditko, and Colan to name a few, but Kubert was accessible. He let newbies learn from him, and I would do anything to learn anything from a master teacher.

So when I die, I'll sign up for whatever beginner courses he's offering.

I know my work wouldn't be as anywhere near as good, but every lesson from would be a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment