Thursday, August 2, 2012

So, the sequel to X-Men: First Class has a name...



I'll start by saying that I liked X-Men: FC better than I thought I would. It totally screwed with comic continuity, but stayed true to the continuity of the other films. 

I also liked the cameos by Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Romijn.

And now it seems that this classic Chris Claremont/John Byrne/Terry Austin masterpiece is the basis for the next film.

If you've never read this, shame on you. It is fantastic!

But it's set in an alternate Escape From New York type future (very similar to the beginning of X-Men: The Last Stand when they're in the Danger Room) that is overrun by Sentinels, and most of Marvel's mutants have died.

It introduces Rachel Summers...

Wolverine dies...

The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants are in it, but this team is lead by Mystique, and includes Blob, Pyro, Avalanche and Destiny...

Magneto isn't in it at all...

Neither is Xavier (except near the end)...

So my feeling is that while the "jist" of this movie is based on this story, some significant changer will be made. 

Which is fine, but I wonder if Fox will agree to set it in the MMU...

No comments:

Post a Comment