Tuesday, April 28, 2015

First Impressions - AoS: "The Frenemy of My Enemy"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...

Season 2 Episode 18: "The Frenemy of My Enemy"

The Good:
"Hey sweetie."

Deathlok's back, with Extra-Cool "Deathlok Vision"!

The Bad:
JUST KILL HIM ALREADY!
'Cause when you start with this,
you wind up with this.
I mean yeah, Ward helped out. But when Simmons "turned on" Deathlok's eye and it showed Ward and Coulson together, May must have been...
...the F**K?

STRUCKER! They mentioned Strucker.
That was, like, the ONLY connection to Avengers:Age of Ultron in the episode...right?

The WTF?: Uh...seat belts anyone?
Okay, the whole Fitz thing wouldn't have been as dramatic if everyone was buckled in, but still...
...I was waiting for him to pull a gun on Ward. 
At the very least, let Fitz do some "scientific" sort of damage, like hitting Ward with a sonic wave or electrical pulse or something.


 And Dr. List? Who the hell is he?
Well yeah, okay, that's where he's from, but is he in the books?
And then there's the name of his company? Echidna Enterprises? Echidna Industries? It's Echidna something...
What is it with all this Mythological monster crap?
We've had Hydra, Leviathan, and now Echidna. What next? Cthulhu? 

Adorkification Moment:
 "I changed my name to something more sinister when I went on the run."
Like...Zabo?
Plus, he's from Milwaukee? I was looking for a Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley reference...maybe a Boo Boo Kitty...but I never saw one.

No comments:

Post a Comment