Wednesday, April 15, 2015

First Impressions - Daredevil: "Rabbit in a Snowstorm"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...

Episode 3: "Rabbit in a Snowstorm"
The Good:
More Turk!


Ben Urich!
I'm glad they're having Karen bring Ben into the mystery. Ben's always been a fantastic supporting character in the books and I was wondering how he'd get involved. 

"I got next!"

"I want a lawyer!"
See, this is what AoS (and Agent Carter) should be doing more of - bringing "nameless characters" onto the show for a purpose. John Healy isn't anyone I know from the books, but his existence on this show allowed the following:
 We got to see Nelson and Murdock in action in the courtroom,
and we got to see the extent of Wilson Fisk's power. I mean Healy killed himself for saying Fisk's name!
This character did more in one episode than all those Agent characters did over several.
I'm not pointing fingers or looking to blame anyone. I'm just bringing this up in the hopes that the Agent shows learn from their mistakes and follow Daredevil's example...'cause it's working. So I'm all for bringing nobody characters onto any show - provided they connect some dots, and not just be
a dick,
a joke,
a love interest...sorta/maybe,
a victim,
another victim,
or a traitor.

We also got to see Wilson meet the love of his life...Vanessa.
Her name wasn't even mentioned in the episode, but I knew exactly who she was. THAT'S how good this show is. And as for the actress, Ayelet Zurer, looking familiar...
...she played Lara in Man of Steel, and took my breath away. Knowing what I know about Vanessa from the books,
this is gonna be SO KEWLL!!!

The Bad:
Not enough Turk.
After last episode's fight, I was looking for more funny, like Turk getting thrown through or running through Josie's Bar window level funny. I didn't get it, but I'll take all the Turk (and Grotto - where he?) they'll give me.

The WTF?: The New York Bulletin? Seriously? Sony wouldn't even give up the damn Bugle?

Adorkification Moment:
Took me this long to remember that Leland is the Owl.
Yeah, just...just stop it.
I was just basking in the glory that is this show.
I was distracted by the shiny. 
More popcorn Pepe. Extra butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment