Thursday, October 9, 2014

First Impressions - AoS: 'Making Friends and Influencing People'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...

Season 2 Episode 3: 'Making Friends and Influencing People'
The Good: Faustus. Name rings a bell, but I can't place him.
* May shooting Hunter, and then telling him they were good, meaning Trip and Skye still owe him.
* The fact that HYDRA doesn't know Coulson's in charge.
* Fitz meeting Ward. I'm also glad he didn't do anything stupid like turn off the force-field to shoot him or something.

The Bad: Simmons' intro. Even if you hadn't heard anything about it beforehand, you could tell she's working for HYDRA. I was waiting for her to say the words, and I'm kinda glad she didn't.
* I don't know Whitehall, the British guy or Agent 33...who should have been Mockingbird.

The WTF?: A nitpick. Donnie froze the glass of water or whatever when it was served to him. Later in the same scene he freezes the table, the HYDRA agent sitting at it...and the same glass again - which was clearly not still frozen from the first time. Is it that hot in Morocco? If it is, then why didn't the water around the ship melt just as fast? I mean the water's warm as well as the sun beating down on it.

Adorkification Moment: There wasn't one, but where the hell is Lola? Still in the shop? Or is Coulson keeping her safe elsewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment