Friday, October 24, 2014

First Impressions - Flash: 'Things You Can't Outrun'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 3: 'Things You Can't Outrun'
The Good: Ronnie/Firestorm's origin. Most of what I know of the character came from the Super Friends cartoon, so I don't know how faithful this version is to the books. But Ronnie having a brain and heroic personality here works. I also like how they intertwined Caitlin, Cisco and Harrison's activities on that fateful day with the present story.
* The Mist. I admit - the only Mist story I've ever read
featured Mist's daughter Nash (Which is a damn fine story if you haven't read it.),
so (like Ronnie) I have no idea how faithful this episode's version is. But again, this Mist is a very believable character.

The Bad: "Like fire and ice"? Really? Does anyone else's head hurt?

The WTF?: I get that a "meeting of the mob" in a closed restaurant wouldn't be noticed by the public. I'll even accept that a woman choking by bright green fog in an openly visible elevator at a mall might be missed. But you're telling me that the visitation room at Iron Heights - a maximum security prison where conversations are undoubtedly monitored and/or recorded - doesn't have anyone notice the Mist quickly enough to at least open the damn door?

Adorkification Moment: Dr. Wells knew Barry would become the flash?
This is Dr. Harrison Wells, right?
As in H. Wells?
Like, H...G..?
Is there any chance this guy is T. O. Morrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment