Friday, October 10, 2014

First Impressions - Flash: 'Pilot'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 1: 'Pilot'
The Good: The idea that the accident affected other people as well as Barry. Reminded me of the Kryptonite affecting others in Smallville.
* Recognizing Professor Zoom.
* John Wesley Shipp. I remember him from that other series.
* Iris West. Cool character with a nice twist here.
* Weather Wizard...even though I didn't know the character's real name.
* Tom Cavanagh. Loved him in Ed.
* Danielle Panabaker...from Sky High.
* The Arrow tie-in. It was expected, but I'm glad it wasn't the final scene.

The Bad: The idea that the accident affected other people as well as Barry. Reminded me of the Kryptonite affecting others in Smallville.
* Not knowing who Caitlin Snow would become.
* The suit. Say what you will, but I like Shipp's suit more. Yeah, the padding was...much, but Gustin's looks like there was a hell of a sale on red Daredevil-like leather.
* The Arrow tie-in. It felt forced. However, if they manage to work the same scene into Arrow's first episode ('cause why not? same network, same creators), I'll give it a pass.
* Plus - no Brave and the Bold reference?

The WTF?: I thought the hidden door and the hand scanner was cool. I thought the fake "needing a wheelchair" thing was cool. But giving us Crisis right off the bat, even though it's set to happen in 2024?
(sigh)

Adorkification Moment: Grodd's open cage. I laughed out loud. Mrs. Adorkification (who saw the episode with me) said: "Is that a villain?"
Yes dear, that's a villain.

No comments:

Post a Comment