Wednesday, October 8, 2014

First Impressions - Gotham: 'The Balloonman'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 3: 'The Balloonman'
The Good: I LOVED the fact that they brought back that guy Selina pick-pocketed in Episode One. (Funny how they never mention his name...)
* I also dug that sweater Oswald was rockin'.
* Odessa. I remember that from the comics. Well, it was Little Odessa but still.
* Oswald having a tuna sandwich? What are the odds?
* The sword fight Alfred had with Bruce. That's the Alfred I know.
* Speaking of which, I'm surprised Bruce is getting this much screen time. I was expecting him to be "the victim" and then disappear until the plot required his presence. I like the fact I was wrong.
* The Gordon 'dress-up' scene. Reminded me of Burton's Batman.
* Arkham. "Locked up". Nice.

The Bad: Gordon going into the sewer without proper shoes I get. No gloves? That's just gross.
* I was also waiting for a Killer Croc reference...which I did. not. get.
* I don't know names. I didn't recognize the Ponzie guy, the dirty cop Gordon met, the Cardinal...or The Balloon Man. Is he a new villain? 'Cause he reminded me of The Shadow/Darkman.
* Why oh why oh WHY did Oswald show up at the apartment? I thought there would have been at least two more episodes of him lurking through the shadows before Gordon learned he was back.

The WTF?: This was a good WTF? - The Flass Bullock fight. That had me laughing. Hard. But it wasn't just the fight, it was Gordon's face at the end. MAN that was funny!

Adorkification Moment:
You have to ask?


No comments:

Post a Comment