Thursday, October 2, 2014

Avenger 3 = 2 films...WTF?

I get it. Harry Potter, Twilight The Hunger Games and The Hobbit have all made money splitting single stories into multiple films.
But they're not based on comics. You know. Comics...22 page pamphlets (basically) that come out monthly if not weekly with the sole purpose of telling stories (not always, but more often than not) in pieces.
Comic fans are used to this type of storytelling, so having this happen in films based on comics is a no-brainer.
But here's the thing: The story has to be big enough.
There can't be filler. We (both movie goers and comic readers) can spot filler a mile away. And it sucks. 
I'm looking at YOU Peter.
So that's my biggest issue/concern. Infinity Gauntlet deserves two films because there's a lot going on. Especially if they plan to work Doctor Strange and the Defenders into the mix. Way too much than could be conveyed in a single movie no matter how long it is...
(sigh)
My only other issue is the timing. If I have to wait a year for Part Two, I'm gonna be pissed. Marvel Studios Kevin Feige has stated that their plan was to have two or three films a year. This is good. I'm even okay with Part One in November and Part Two in May. But anything more than seven months apart damn well better have a different film in between. 
I wants my Marvel Movies dammit!
In Marvel Studios I Trust


No comments:

Post a Comment