Thursday, October 23, 2014

First Impressions - AoS: 'A Hen in the Wolf House'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...

Season 2 Episode 5: 'A Hen in the Wolf House'
The Good: Two words: Plot. Progression.
* Skye finally learns about Coulson's doodling.
* Coulson finally has the upper hand with Raina.
* Raina finally gets put in her place.
* We finally get to meet Hunter's ex.
* Simmons finally returns to S.H.I.E.L.D.
* Mockingbird finally makes an appearance.
* and we finally get conformation that the guy Raina works for is in fact Skye's father. I'm sure there's more, but I'm running out of italics.

The Bad: The "trap" Raina sets for Coulson...but I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

The WTF?: This was a good one - Hunter's ex-wife being Bobbi. That was cool.

Adorkification Moment: Did anyone else recognize the setting for that opening sequence where the wedding toast took place? Here's a hint...
 ...it's the same place where Matt met Kingpin and danced with Elektra in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment