Thursday, March 19, 2015

First Impressions - AoS: "One of Us"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...

Season 2 Episode 13: "One of Us"

The Good:
That was damn funny.

So - Coulson's from Wisconsin...
I'd pay cash money to see him watching a game...with the hat.
Screw the game. Just him and the hat.

He's definitely played some ball though -  that was a fantastic Coulson tackle!
We also learn his father died when he was around 8 years old, and he didn't go to that high school. Yay backstory! 
I'm still waiting for my "The First Rodeo" episode there Joss.

Birds. Falling from the sky.

The Bad:
and
Yup. Another hidden organization.
Goddammit.
What the hell is this "Real" S.H.I.E.L.D. crap anyway? Ooooh, you've got THREE F**KING STARS in your eagle-type logo. Big whoop. Maybe the red and grey boxes with the blinky lights are part of it too? Are they Sub-S.H.I.E.L.D.? Yeah, that's what I'm calling them: 
S.U.B.-S.H.I.E.L.D. 

The WTF?: 
This guy.
He kidnaps Mister Hyde when they have the upper hand against Coulson - and then just lets...him...GO? The F**K?

Daisy/Skye.
Did we really need to see her dodge questions with May's ex? She's scared. She's upset. She's tired. She's uncomfortable talking about being scared, upset and tired. 
We don't want to see that...
...we want to see this.
GET ON WITH IT!

How did they all miss Angar?

How did the baddies fit through that "Francis" made hole?

Does this guy NOT know how to hold a phone?

Adorkification Moment: 
ANGAR THE MUTHA-FU**IN' SCREAMER!!!!!


I actively avoid spoilers whenever possible. I had no idea this guy would be here and I loved every damn second of it. The prison, the retainer-thingy, the jaw dropping scream. It was D) all of the above.
Okay Joss et. al. - let's make a deal: You can have all the unnecessary, ridiculous, pointless, meaningless and downright stupid plot-twists you want...
 ...but as long as I can get a weekly reminder I'm watching a MARVEL show...
...I'll bring the butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment