Thursday, March 5, 2015

First Impressions - Gotham: "Everyone Has a Cobblepot"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 18: "Everyone Has a Cobblepot"
The Good:
Dent's back? Hot damn! I like this guy.

Commissioner Loeb...and his "secret". I was a little disappointed that there wasn't any box of files, but Gordon got them in the end...but as hard as the writers try, they'll never convince me Gordon goes the way of Flass or Bullock. 
No way.

Good to see Cat make an appearance. So Bruce is on her good side again?

The Bad: 
  To start with, I was upset that Nygma never had a chance with Kringle. That was damn harsh. 

What's Fish's deal?
She's out for Number One. We know that. We knew that by Episode 2. She took over the people to influence the doctors to get herself in a better position. Okay. So...what now? Is she going to convince Doctor Guy to let her off Shutter Island to get fresh meat?
At least the blue eye looks cool.

The WTF?: Someone in a hospital bed rips out their lines or whatever - not once, but TWICE - and no one comes in?
Alfred did it, and the heart monitor went "beeeeeeeeeeeep" (indicating a stopped heart). That should have resulted in several attendees rushing in with a crash cart. Right?
Then Fish did it, but in her case I was expecting harvesters gathering around her corpse to collect her organs. Speaking of the doctors...
...what the hell was that?

Adorkification Moment:  I'm guessing it was the revelation of the main Doctor Guy, but since he showed up in the books after I stopped reading I have no idea who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment