Saturday, February 21, 2015

First Impressions - Gotham: "The Scarecrow"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 15: "The Scarecrow"
The Good:

 When I saw these two...in the same room...pacing each other out...I was more than a little...

* Speaking of Penguin, I'm glad he's got the bar. I just wish he'd do something with it.

The Bad: Watching the whole "taking the glands, liquefying them and injecting them" montage. Gross.

The WTF?: What...no Batcave? No Bruce falling into the thing with the bats flying around and his developing fear from the experience? I thought fear was the theme of this episode!

*
Oh...so Jonathan's the son. Okay. He's injected with a superdose of his father's stuff. Fine. But having his greatest fear be the scarecrow? What's the point of that? Are we led to believe Jonathan is now facing - and will eventually defeat - his own fear? And that is what makes him decide that everyone is better off facing their fears...thus making him become Scarecrow? I guess so, but I have no idea if this is taken from the New 52 or some other retcon story. 

Adorkification Moment:The effect Crane Senior's "juice" had on himself and Jonathan. Very Batman Begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment