Saturday, February 14, 2015

So - about the new Ghostbusters...

I've been waiting for this project to get going for years, and after Harold Ramis leaving us all-too-soon I gave up the...ghost.
...sorry...
I have no problem with the casting direction and am really looking forward to this - but I do have some requests for Mr. Feig:
1) Don't, under ANY circumstances, have any of these ladies even remotely related/connected to Venkman, Stantz, Spengler or Zeddemore. Not that I think that's a direction you're going in, but seriously. Don't. I have friends.
2) PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SET THIS FILM WITHIN THE ESTABLISHED GHOSTBUSTERS UNIVERSE! In other words, don't make this a reboot. That would seriously crush me. By rebooting, you'd be deleting the excellence of the first and (roughly two-thirds of the) second films. How you connect your film to what-has-come-before doesn't matter. Bring back Janine. Bring back Dana. Bring back Louis or even Mr. Pecker. I'd even accept mood slime or Dr. Poha. 
3) I hope you set this in present-day...but if it ends up being in the mid-nineties I'll allow it...
...barely.
4) The biggest change I'd understand is location. New York's been used a lot lately so it would make sense to set it somewhere else. You could go big-city like Chicago or LA, or you could go small-town like the Pacific Northwest or somewhere in Ohio. It's all good. 
Which leads me to...
5) ...The sequel. Whether you call it Ghostbusters 2.0 or Ghostbusters 4, I've got one word for you: 
International.

No comments:

Post a Comment