Friday, February 6, 2015

First Impressions - Agent Carter: "The Iron Ceiling"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 5: "The Iron Ceiling"
The Good:
We got us some Black Widow training right there!
I don't care if they call it "Red Room", "KGB 101" or "How to Prevent Sleepwalking in Russia", that was some awesomely cool stuff. 
As for Dottie being another member of that organization, my feeling is "meh". I don't need another nameless female a**kicker spy. I want a named female a**kicker spy. When she's revealed to be Yelena Belova, THAT'S when I'll squeal like a little girl. 

*
AWESOME! But wait a minute...

The Bad: ...that's not the same Howling Commandos?
What. the. hell. Speaking of head scratching moments:

The WTF?:
What's Lionel Luthor doing in the MMU?

Why did Dottie need to steal Peggy's keys? Couldn't she just pick the lock?

* I also have no idea who Nikola and Ivchenko are. Gremlin? Gargoyle? Titanium Man? Hey Marvel - if everything's "connected", it would be really helpful if some of these dots were, you know, connected.

Adorkification Moment: For the record, I don't know if the rumor's going around or if it's been stated outright...
...but that's a young Natasha.
Yeah. I know. She's young. I don't care.
It wouldn't surprise me a bit if there's some revelation into her past in A:AoU that connects to this episode, like a memory or something. She could be a f**king clone for all I know, but that's Natasha. 
Shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment