Sunday, February 22, 2015

First Impressions - Gotham: "The Blind Fortune Teller"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers after the jump.
You've been warned...


Episode 16: "The Blind Fortune Teller"
The Good:
Ya gotta ask?
I admit: I have no idea what Dick's parents' first names are. I also have no idea if the whole "Trapeze Artists vs. Clowns" thing was ever in the books, so all that was lost on me. But seeing the Haly's Circus sign had me gush.

Still not a fan of Fish, but having her rule the "Organ Donor Gang" is cool. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it turns out that Wayne Enterprises is behind it. Speaking of which...

...did that Wayne Enterprise set look familiar to anyone else?

The Bad:
No.
Bringing her back? No. 
Getting her back with Jim? No. 
Getting her to go after Leslie to get Jim back? No...

...but seeing her interact with Cat and Ivy was well done.

The WTF?:
Is it weird that I'm glad Butch is still alive? I kept looking for electrical burn wounds on his temples, but I guess that was the other guy's schtick. 

Adorkification Moment: Okay...
...THIS freakin' guy.
I wondered why he looked familiar. He was on Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide...
...as Palmer Noid.
But I guess there's some speculation as to who he'll be playing on this show.
See, he's playing a kid named Jerome.
Jerome Valeska to be exact, whose mother works with Haly's Circus.
Yeah, but see he wasn't a clown though, just a kid who probably worked as a stagehand.
And as far as I know, the name Jerome Valeska has never appeared in the books.
Now wait just a minute...
Don't you remember?
That guy started out as a comedian.
Then bad things happened, 
he got the Red Hood gig...
..and then this?
So this "Jerome" guy is gonna be that guy? We'll see. By the way,
does this mean that Felix Faust is that guy's father?

No comments:

Post a Comment