Friday, August 22, 2014

WTF Friday...8/22/2014

So, Carl Creel will make an appearance on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -
more commonly known as Absorbing Man.
He's being played by Brian Patrick Wade,
whom I don't know from anywhere, but I guess was in Teen Wolf the series.
Part of me wants to go of on how the first two-thirds of the first season of AoS was just one long set up, but that's a rant for another day.
I am glad that there's (finally) an established tone for the show, but now I'm wondering how they'll introduce characters such as Creel. 
He could be:
a) an escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. prisoner. In this case, he'll most likely have his absorbing power already and his backstory will be explained through Coulson and/or Skye.
b) an escaped prisoner from Seagate Prison (during Trevor Slattery's "breakout" in All Hail the King). Which means he may not have his power yet, and get mixed up with Asgardian magic throughout the season.
c) just a guy named Rocky Davis who (wait for it...) gets recruited into HYDRA's centipede/extremis/GH 325 program and develops his power without any Asgardian connection whatsoever. BUT -  it takes longer for his power to manifest than expected. Davis does "something bad", gets caught by Coulson's team and is put in the Cage on the Bus...which is when his absorbing ability kicks in. Coulson's team realizes "Rocky Davis" is an alias for Carl Creel - and May has to work a battle-damaged Bus to The Cube (which we then see for the first time). Either that, or Michael Douglas' Hank Pym shows up to introduce The Big House...where Creel is then placed.
W...T...F...?
Since we're hearing about this in August, chances are the episode they're filming won't air until Late-October/Early-November. And as far as I know, this is the first established character shown being filmed. Yeah, there have been casting announcements (*cough* Mockingbird *cough*), but my gut tells me we won't see Palicki at all until spring - after Agent Carter airs - and we won't see Palicki in costume until the season-ender...leading into Avengers: Age of Ultron.
(Sigh...)
What bothers me most isn't the understandable level of predictability of the show, or the MMU in general. I grew up reading Marvel comics and know how they integrate their characters.
It's the waiting...
I had to sit through six months of "ho-hum" before AoS got good, only to have HYDRA ruin everything. 
Then I had to wait three more months for the next movie to come out, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the series, or the established MMU.
Now I have to wait roughly two more months until AoS is back.
I guess Marvel Studios anticipated this, because they moved Daredevil to May 2015 - so we'll have something to look forward to after Avengers: Age of Ultron that can tide us over the summer. 
Could the other Netflix shows be scheduled for the following summers? Anything's possible.
Just get on with it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment