Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Movie Roundup...8/25/2014

Hello everybody!
We'll start with the bad(-ish) news...
Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For made only $6.5 million over the weekend.
I'm gonna chalk that up to "Well, my kids are going back to school this week and we have to go shopping..." Not that parents would take their kids to see this film, but I know for a fact that some parents did in fact take their kids to see The Purge: Anarchy over the summer.
Yeah, I don't understand it either. But now for some good news:
Guardians of the Galaxy took in another $17.6 million in the States over the weekend.
This puts it at $489.5 million worldwide, and in 7th place of "all-time Marvel Studios films worldwide". It passed Thor ($449.3), and is approaching Iron Man ($585.2).
Isn't it great that Marvel Studios has enough movies under their belt that they now compete against each other for most money made? 
Why yes. Yes it is.
Speaking of Marvel Movies,
I've been looking forward to Ant-Man for years. More-so that GotG. When news came out of Wright's departure from the project, I was worried. When I heard of other "issues" about the production, I got scared. When I heard Paul Rudd was cast as Scott Lang, my head started to hurt...
Then this past weekend, I saw this image, taken at this year's SDCC:
and I felt better. 
In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment