Thursday, August 21, 2014

So I finally saw Django Unchained...

Holy Hell what a movie!
Tarantino made a Spaghetti Western as only Tarantino could. I was half expecting Clint Eastwood or Lee Van Cleef to show up. But one cameo that I didn't catch until the credits?
Tom Wopat!
That's right - Luke Duke himself was the Marshall who owed the bounty hunter $500. And speaking of the bounty hunter, his name was Dr. King Schultz. As in Dr. King Schultz. I didn't catch that until late in the film.
Stop it.
Then there was the gang. The gang that had the dogs. One of them was a woman. I knew that when I realized her face was hidden under a bandanna. The second time we see her (close to the end of the film), she's the one looking through the 1800's equivalent of a view-master. At first, I thought it was Uma Thurman. Turns out it was Zoe Bell, who was the stunt-person for Uma in Kill Bill and Kill Bill 2.
Then there's Michael Parks.
Maybe you recognize him from Kill Bill?
And Kill Bill 2, and Death Proof, and Planet Terror...
I really like this movie. The Kill Bill's are still my favorites, and no - I haven't seen Inglourious Basterds yet...I'm too scared - but while I'm not a big Tarantino fan, I admire his fascination and fan-based reverence of cinema. 

No comments:

Post a Comment