Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Date Rape Drug Derection nail polish...

Having a wife and daughter, I mentioned this new creation to both of them when I first read about it. I thought a nail polish that changed color when exposed to date rape drugs in drinks (the point being that one dips their finger in the drink prior to consuming it) was cool and all kinds of awesome. Both women agreed with me.
But there's been some backlash about how products like this are made for, and are the sole responsibility of, potential victims - and not at all helpful from stopping predators in the first place...which is a valid point.
There's nothing more I can really say on the subject as a man.
But as a father...
Adorkette is aware of this product, and others like it, but there's no telling what new things are being (or will be) developed in the future - in terms of both measures, and countermeasures. 
It's like teaching her how to ride a bike. I can give as much instruction as possible, buy the latest and greatest helmet, elbow and knee pads, explain the rules about sharing the street, etc. But when it comes down to it, she'll be on the bike by herself and all I can do is step back, keep a close eye, and hope like crazy nothing bad happens. 
And it sucks.



No comments:

Post a Comment