Friday, July 25, 2014

WTF Friday...7/25/2014

There's a lot going on this weekend that I'm sure I'll be talking about well into next week (effin' work),
but what I'm interested in right now are the newly-released art images from Avengers 2...



Now I'm looking at these fantastic images and one thing comes to mind:
Multiple Ultrons?
W...T...F...?
I get the whole "sequels must be bigger than the originals" thing, but the entirety of Marvel's Phase 2 has been one big downer. Tony lost his house, his Hall of Armor, even his chest RT. Thor lost both his parents and Asgard is now run by Loki. Steve lost his shield, his S.H.I.E.L.D., and best friend. The only upswing to Phase 2 (so far...) is Guardians of the Galaxy, which won't be out for another week.
One of the reasons Avengers did so well was that it ended with a win...and a tease of bigger things to come. If A2 becomes yet another Empire Strikes Back, with Ultrons running everything until Vision finally makes his first appearance in Season 3 of AoS when it starts four months later, so help me...I'm gonna lose my s#!t.
Hey Kevin...message for you: you don't need to make us want to see what happens next. We're hooked. We're gonna see what happens next, so stop depressing us with fallen heroes. I mean granted - it's not like villains are winning. Slattery's in prison (well...he was), and Mandarin's been stopped (kinda), and HYDRA's been exposed (but not stopped), Loki's out of the way (for now), and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s still around (just without Fury, and consisting of all of what? five members?) But this whole string of "down endings" has got...to...stop! Save the "oh, S#!T" moments for the end credit scenes, and give us victories. I can't stand another two+ years of movies where heroes get back up and dust themselves off. Let DC deal with that crap. I'll pay you. Really. But still...
In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment