Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A word about The Big House...

I started watching Avengers: EMH on Netflix after finishing off DC's Young Justice to compare the two if nothing else. While the first four episodes were essentially "Meet Iron Man", "Meet Thor" "Meet Hulk" and "Meet Captain America", the fifth episode - "Meet Ant-Man" ("The Man in the Ant Hill" technically) is what got me hooked. Mostly because of this:
The Big House.
As I've mentioned before, I stopped reading comics religiously circa 1992. So this episode was the first time I'd ever heard of this thing let alone seen it in action. To be fair (now that I think of it), Coulson may have mentioned it in passing on an episode of AoS, but since I can't get the damn Blu-ray until September 9th I can't confirm that. 
It is, in one word, brilliant.
What better way to use Hank Pym's particles than to keep baddies at bay. I wouldn't have thought of it in a million years. Yeah, I know it appeared in comics first, but you can't tell me that this thing won't appear in the MMU. It must. 
As for the show, I'm only up to the episode where (SPOILER ALERT) Captain America gets freed from the ice...
....what, you didn't know that?
'Cause they mentioned it in The Avengers...
...where they ate shawarma? The movie was a thing...really, it was.
Anyway, the show looks good and I recommend it to anyone looking to pass some summertime blues until Fall happens...and September 9th rolls around...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment